Media being played in Amarok can be set as the status message in Pidgin. First of all, you will need to download an Amarok Script (its a script file that gets added as a plug-in into Amarok) from the following link –AmarokPidgin Plug-in
Once done, simply follow these steps –
- Open Amarok’s main window. Go to Tools -> Script Manager.
- Click on “Install Script”
- Browse for the tarball file you just downloaded and click on it.
- Click on the General Options in the left side of the window.Find “AmarokPidgin” under it
- click on it and then click on run on the right side.
That’s it… next time you start Pidgin, you will see an extra Status message(detailing the Now Playing Media)to choose from in the list.