Well..finally this blog starts.Of late,I have become a full fledged Open-Source fan.So,here i am..with my 1st post on the same.
(Please note:Lines written within \\….\\ specify comments)
Without wasting anymore time..i’ll be explaining two ways of Grub rescue.Follow the method you find convenient-
1)Reboot with a Live CD
- log in as root in the terminal window
- type: /sbin/grub
- in the grub promt that comes..type: find /boot/grub/stage2
- you will get a response like (hd0,?) \\where ? is a number showing where your controlling distro is\\
- continue typing in the grub prompt: root (hd0,?) \\type in the number returned above by your system corresponding to ?\\
- type: setup (hd0)
and..your done!!!reboot and enjoy..
2) Reboot with a Rescue CD
For Fedora 8 Rescue CD..follow the link: Fedora 8 Rescue CD ISO
- when you get the command prompt,type: chroot /mnt/sysimage
- type: grub-install /dev/hda
and your done…reboot and enjoy!!
Well..So much for my 1st post..Bye All!